Monday, June 26, 2017

Why the Beast - A Brief Summary

In the winter of 2016, our family purchased a share of a house down in Rocky Point Mexico. A beautiful place on the beach that screamed for some kind of off road toy. I hate the noise of gas powered quads and such so I started looking for a toy I could afford that would be powered by electricity and could handle the sandy beaches down there.

Some of the bigger toy makers, such as Polaris sell an electric version but their price was way out of reach. I then found a company out of Phoenix that sells a Chinese built Electric Fat Tire scooter. Check it out here.  I purchased the scooter and had a great time with it, but when I brought it down to Rocky Point, I realized that it wasn't going to do what I had hoped. I ended up selling it.

My research happened across another e-bike company called Daymak.com. They are located in Toronto Canada and build a wide variety of e-bikes that look very cool. One such model is called the Beast. There is a number of models to choose from, Look here to see them. Based on the specs, it would seem that the Beast Ultimate would suit our needs. I found a distributor in Salt Lake City called Rush Outdoor Gear who had the Beast Ultimate in stock, albeit the 2016 model. I worked with Justin there and he was easy to work with and answered all of my many questions.

Seen After the Storage Compartment was Removed.

I love how beefy the unit is. It's very stout. I also love the features that came with it, for instance it has a great headlight etc.

I made a few changes and upgrades that I will cover and I'm anxious to get it down to Rocky Point to see how it will handle the beach. More to come.