Saturday, July 1, 2017

What was Left Over After the Upgrade

Left Over Parts

Now that the project is almost complete, I thought it might help to show what parts were taken off during the upgrade. Besides the pedals, storage compartment and horn, there were a few items that came off during the controller upgrade.

These items were (from left to right);
  • PAS (Passenger Assist System) Reluctor and Hall Sensor, shown on the far left of the picture. If you decide to keep the pedals in place and plan to use it like a bicycle you will leave these items in place.
  • A few connectors that were connected to the original harness. A black one that connected to the original controller, and a white one that had the Motor's Hall Sensor wires.
  • One of the screws and nuts used to mount the components to the scooter.
  • A harness that connected to the Main Connector (White with blue insulator) whose other end connected to the original controller.
  • The original green controller (which I'd be happy to sell if you need it, 1/2 of what Daymak gets, just reach out to me).
On another note, I've noticed that the turn signals are not working so I have some more troubleshooting to do. If/when I figure this out I'll post the issue and fix here. Other than that the project is pretty much done.

The next thing I'd like to do is see if there is a way to change the speedometer from Kilometers to Miles per Hour. Not that this is a big deal, but it would be nice.

I'm sure there will be more to come, albeit at a slower pace. Hope this helps with your project.


1 comment:

  1. good day i have this controller and cant find and info on wiring
    manly throttle wires if you could remeber the wires coming from the toop harness that be great

    ReplyDelete